Posts for tag: Podiatrist
A podiatrist has years of training in the health and function of your feet and lower extremities. Are you considering seeing a foot doctor? At CFAC Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Center, Dr. George Tjamaloukas and Dr. Kathy Tjamaloukas are the best podiatrists in the Wesley Chapel, FL, area. They'll help you optimize your mobility, circulation, comfort, and more.
Why should I see a podiatrist?
Most people ages 40 and over, see some changes in how their feet work and feel. So, having a baseline examination by your podiatrist is a good idea. He or she will look at your feet, see how you walk, take X-rays as needed, and form a care plan to keep your feet healthy and to address any problems.
Additionally, if you suffer from an acquired deformity, such as a bunion or hammertoes, have a chronic health condition, such as arthritis or diabetes, or see or feel changes in your feet, contact CFAC Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Center for an appointment. As always, prevention is the best way to preserve your podiatric and overall health.
Other reasons to see a foot doctor
See Dr. Tjamaloukas if:
- You have a sudden injury from a fall, motor vehicle accident, or sports.
- You see a change in skin texture, color, or temperature.
- Your feet hurt or have sore spots or wounds which do not heal quickly.
- You wish to start an athletic pursuit, such as running (your foot doctor will make sure you don't overdo it and that you wear the right shoes).
- Corns and calluses become thick and uncomfortable (never do bathroom surgery, particularly if you are diabetic or have problems with circulation).
- Athlete's foot persists despite over the counter medications.
- Have ingrown and/or yellow, thick toenails.
- Trimming your toenails yourself is very difficult.
- Your heels and arches hurt.
Be prepared for your appointment
Here's how to get the most out of your visit with your podiatrist:
- Wear your usual shoes and clean socks.
- Be specific about any symptoms you have. For example, what provokes them, and how long they last?
- Bring your list of medications, and tell your podiatrist about any chronic health conditions you have.
- If you have sustained an injury, tell how it happened and how you feel as a result.
We want to help
Seeing your podiatrist is always a good thing. At CFAC Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Center in Wesley Chapel, FL, Dr. George Tjamaloukas and Dr. Kathy Tjamaloukas will help you with current conditions and help you avoid future problems. Call us! We're here to help: (813) 909-0865. We will be moving office locations to Land O' Lakes, FL. Our projected move will be on June 1st, 2020.